Meet Our Creative Team - Ute





Hi, my name is Ute… I grew up in Germany and leave it, because I want to go to America, but my journey ends in Switzerland… There I fall in LOVE with the best hubby from the world… He made my hobby to his business and is the owner from a craft store. In our house live two kids and 2 cats… Since my childhood I love to color and to create something…. In real life I am a RN.

1. If you had to choose, what would your TOP 3 favorite Whimsy products be and why?  Oh , this question isn’t easy for me… As I started to made cards I bought years ago red rubber stamp and I love the quality… Mostly I prefer Clearstamps because I can look through and stamp perfectly, where I want. Since I am in the DT I use Digital Stamps (digital papers and sentiments) and I LOVE, yes I really fall in love with them, because, they are cute, you can change the size and you can mirror them easily…. also you can arrange them where you wish…  You can print they with a Laser Printer and you can foil the sentiments (for example)…I have also a few dies and the quality is really great, I should use them more often.

2. If you could have a super power, what would it be? Hmmm, I think to stop time…. So that I can craft and the time stands still… I think I would have more time for to be a lovely mum, a blessed wife, for god and for crafting… Sometimes it is not easy to have for all enough time in this busy world…

3. List 3 things someone would be surprised to learn about you?  As I was a young child I loved to color. Often I sit on the table and I have pencils and paper, instead to play with dolls or so… As I was in the primary school, one teacher saw me color and decided to ask me, if I had fun to come in his art class… Normally the students there were 3 years older than I… I  don’t think about for long, color all the time… YES, was my answer… I was so happy… The teacher tells me, that I have to learn to create own things… I was very good to copy others… It was so bad, that the teacher was 3 years later retired… After than there wasn’t a new course, where I had learn this. I have ideas in my head, but I have still problems to bring this on paper…

On our Wedding day was an old woman, nobody knew her. She came to us, for congrats wishes and gave us a little box… This was decorated with fabric. The old woman says to us: You are a beautiful couple, also the wedding in the church was wonderful… If you have someone the feeling that the fire of love will be go out, than take one of the match and burn it and your love will come back…“ With God blessings she leave the celebration and never saw her again. It was really magical.

I love to learn new techniques and practice my coloration. I like it also to try new stuff :)

4. What Whimsy stamp or stamp set could you not live without and why?  I love all the cute critters and fantastic sentiments… You can made so much cards for all occasions.


5. What is you favorite color combination and favorite coloring medium? Oh, I LOVE colors… My favorite combination is the RAINBOW combo… I love to color with different mediums, for example watercolor, pencils (Prisma, Polychromos, Luminance…), inks or ZIG real color brushes, sometimes with Alcohol Marker…

6. What do you like most about being a member of the Whimsy Creative Team?  I love that DT, because all members are like a family and all have their own style. You get a lot of inspiration and people help each other, if you have any questions… Denise is such a great boss and all are so friendly and kind. It is a joy to be part of it all.

I have a lot of favorite picture from cards, so it wasn't easy to made a choice... I decided to share this one, because I love the image, the scene looks so peaceful, friendly and it was so great to color... You can practice so much color skills here...



3 comments

  1. It's is so nice to read about you and get to know you Ute! Love your card! Amazing colouring and the CAS layout really shows off this gorgeous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna :) for you lovely words... Hugs Ute

      Delete
  2. Ute, that bio was so fun to read! What an amazing and special thing to have had that magical experience on your wedding day. How lovely too that your hubby owns a craft store! That is SO cool! Love your amazing colouring on this lovely CAS card too. The bubbles are SO pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team