A Doggie's Behind and a Bunny with Daffodil

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday, Whimsy Fans!
Ellie here today, my turn to share something with you and I couldn't decide what to share so I am posting two cards. Hope you don't mind :-)

First up is a recent card I made using the super cute stamp "Doggie's Little Behind" from the March release. Isn't it just adorable and I love the sentiments it comes with. There are a couple more sentiments included in this set, and it's perfect for all those late birthday cards. 

A CAS card, I simply embellished with a little ribbon scrap which was stapled onto the card, then I tied some white twine onto the staple. A polka dot embossing folder was used on the card front.

I just recently purchased a pack of 36 Zig Clean Color real brush pens and this was the second time I've used them. I am no expert in water coloring, which I am sure you can tell, but these are lots of fun to use and the easiest water coloring medium in my opinion (I have used other water soluble markers, distress inks, watercolor paints, inktense pencils, watercolor crayons). If you have been thinking about trying some watercolor techniques, I think these are the pens to get. Just be sure to get the right paper too, there is a lot of information online. I decided to buy a Winsor & Newton Watercolor Marker pad, and these pens work beautifully on that paper. I also picked up the zig detailer waterbrush. 
No I won't get rid of my copics and colored pencils, but these will be a great addition to my other coloring mediums. Also, if you are wondering if these would work for coloring directly onto stamp techniques, yes they do work and stamp beautifully, but I don't really recommend them for that purpose. I tried it and I have a feeling the bristle on the brush tips will get ruined quickly.


On my next card I used the cute stamp " Bunny with Daffodil" also from the recent release.
This cutie has been colored with copic markers. Background was done by inking with distress inks and I used some of my grass and fern stamps on the background. The sentiment was cut out using a die from the  stitched tag die set also from Whimsy, and sentiment is from the set  "Everyday Moments". Embellished with some green jute twine and little prima flower and then finished it off by stitching and added a grass border.

That's all I have for today. Thanks so much for visiting!!
Have a great day!!

3 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team